If you are planning a New Years Eve party, a Candy Buffet is the perfect idea for adults and kids alike! Serve up some favourite treats and have fun!
The best thing about a Candy Buffet is that it is self serve. You can set it up and forget about it, and your guests can help themselves. Here are a few ideas for setting up your buffet:
- Paper bags, small dishes, baggies – Something for your guests to keep their treats in. Even red solo cups would work!
- Bowls and Serving Dishes – You are going to want a few different shapes and sizes, depending on what kind of candies you will be serving.
- Scoops and Tongs – No one wants to eat candy that 10 other people have already touched! Make sure you provide some scoops and tongs so the candy stays clean. You can even have some hand sanitizer at the buffet too, encourage guests to use some before grabbing their goodies!
- Jelly Belly’s – Everyone loves jelly beans, right!?
- M&Ms – Because you know you NEED chocolate!!
- Suckers – Great way to keep the kids quiet, right? My fav. is the Jolly Rancher kind!
- Gummy Candies – Bears, Worms, whatever! This is definitely a candy buffet staple!
Really, the sky is the limit when you are choosing your candies. You can go to a bulk foods store and literally find hundreds of different candy!
You can do this as quickly and easily as possible, with basic candy and tools, OR you can completely customize colors for your dishes and even for your candy. You can create custom dishes for your guests too, or just have them grab a red solo cup. There are so many ways in which you can tailor the buffet to your party’s theme.