So you went a little overboard this holiday season… You ate too much, and you didn’t move enough. Well, you are not alone! A lot of us tend to overindulge over the holidays, there is always so much yummy food to eat! Now that the holiday’s are over it’s time to get back on track!
- Drink a glass of water, go ahead, I’ll wait. Water helps your digestive system get moving and helps you kick your metabolism up a notch. 1-2 glasses will boost your metabolism by 30%! Aim for 8 glasses a day!
- Take a walk. It doesn’t have to be a long one, just 10 minutes can get you back on track and help you make smarter choices with your food.
- Find some motivation!
- Go grocery shopping and fill your fridge with healthy foods.
- Track your food for the day. No matter what you have eaten. Get a reality check for your calorie count!
- Try a new workout. Here are seven you can try! They are quick, easy, and you don’t even need equipment for some!
- Register for a race. There’s nothing like a deadline to give you the motivation to start moving!
- Make a new workout playlist. Get some new tunes to listen to while you workout!
- Buy a new workout outfit. A new outfit always puts me in the mood to run!
- Set a smart goal. Make small obtainable goals. Break down the larger goals into steps so you don’t get discouraged.
Whatever you do, you DON’T need to beat yourself up!
You slipped up, just move on!
Looking for more tips on losing weight? Check out these posts:
- Key to a Successful Weight Loss Plan
- Using a pedometer to help with weight loss.
- Combining the mind and body for weight loss.
- Can hypnotism help weight loss?
- Setting SMART Goals.