2015 was not a great year for running. It was full of shin splints and I didn’t get to do very many races. I did get to run a 10k, Foamfest, and Mudhero but in 2016 I want to step it up a notch! My goals don’t revolve around running though. Check out my goals for 2016 and make sure you let me know a couple of yours!
- A couple new PR’s: I really want to run a 5k in 30 minutes and a 10k in 60 minutes.
- I want to run a Half-Marathon this year. I’m planning to run a half-marathon on October 23rd but if training goes well I might try and do it sooner.
- Clean up my diet. I love to exercise and I love to eat. Unfortunately the things I love to eat aren’t always the healthiest. I am seriously considering cutting out 90% of the meat I eat for a few different reasons. Mostly cheeseburgers. 😉
- I finally want to get my license. Yes, I’m almost 30 and I don’t have my license. I never needed it and to be honest I didn’t want it. When I was younger, about 11/12 years old, my aunt, my cousin, my sister, and I were in a pretty bad car accident. We were really lucky but the accident left me scared to even be in a car!
- Take more courses. I earned 2 diplomas in 2015 and I want to earn even more in 2016.
- Get my 2nd dan in Taekwondo. In 2015 I became a first degree black belt and in 2016 I will be getting my second degree. You don’t stop learning when you reach black belt!
- Run 400 Miles in 2016. I should be able to hit this easily with the half-marathon training. It works out to roughly 7.5 miles a week.
- Read 50 books. I love to read but I hardly read at all in 2015. This year I’m going to make sure I read for at least 30 minutes a day.