When we are feeding our body a poor diet, our skin is likely to show it. The skin often shows it when we are having internal troubles. If your face is looking a little sallow and could use a little treat you might want to try a homemade facial mask!
When it comes to pampering our skin, the treat may be right in the kitchen! There are lots of natural ingredients that you can use to help nourish your skin without any harsh chemicals. Before there was a Walmart or any name brand skincare lines, early Americans had to learn all about natural remedies!
“Sallow skin” is dull looking skin and it happens to everyone at some point. When your skin lacks luster and shine you know it’s not looking it’s best. To get that healthy looking skin back you often need to change something internally to help return that healthy glow.
Your skin is the largest organ of your body. You skin needs certain minerals and vitamins to keep it functioning and doing it’s job – which is protecting your body. Your skin can be flaky, oily, dry, or a combination. If you are not feeding your skin the things it needs you may see blemishes or blotchiness.
One of the ways you can help return that healthy glow is to use facial masks. I’m not talking about just any mask – I am talking about fruit facial masks that anyone can create right in your kitchen if you have the right foods. A fruit mask will only work when you are eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly. It can help you fix the problem, but it is not something that will cover up an unhealthy lifestyle! Exercise is especially helpful because it will increase oxygen consumption and helps your body use up the nutrients.
If your skin is not looking it’s best because you aren’t taking care of it these masks can work to remove oils, remove dead skin cells, and help your skin retain moisture. This will help your healthy skin shine through.
Here are 5 ingredients you can use to create a fruit mask:
- Strawberries – Strawberries are full of antioxidants which are excellent for your skin. The seeds will also act as an exfoliant, gently helping to remove dead skin cells.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal acts as an excellent filler to hold masks together. Oatmeal will also help absorb excess oil and soften your skin. Look for finely ground powder instead of rolled oats.
- Bananas – Bananas will help your skin retain moisture.
- Grapes – Another antioxidant rich food! Grapes will help tone and tighten your skin.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers will help reduce puffiness and swelling while soothing and cooling skin. Keep a couple slices around to place on your eyes!
With these 5 simple ingredients you can pamper your skin naturally!