Keeping up with healthy eating habits and lifestyles is hard. There is so much temptation out there to grab the quick and easy snack or go through the drive thru that we really need to make a conscious effort to make sure we help ourselves choose healthy options.
I have been really focused on cooking at home, meal prepping, and making sure I have lots of healthy snacks on hand. There are times when I think to myself, “This would be so much easier if I had a ____.” There are certain items that are so worth the investment.
Improve Healthy Eating Habits with These Gadgets:
- Kitchenaid Mixer – I was never really a baker before I started cutting out sugar and really looking at the ingredients in baked goods I bought at the store. Now that I am making things like protein balls and zucchini muffins weekly, a Kitchenaid is on my must-have list!
- Food Processor – I didn’t realize how much easier my life would be with a food processor. A food processor can chop, slice, and puree in minutes flat. You NEED a food processor if you are planning on making your own hummus – trust me!
- Blender – I make so many smoothies. So. Many. Smoothies… I used to use a handmixer – and that will work in a pinch – but a blender makes it so much easier, especially when I want to add ice.
- Mandoline Slicer – This will save you so much time. It’s quick to use and small so it won’t take up too much space. Seriously, you will save so much time when chopping, shredding, or cutting!
- Fruit Prep Items – Core pineapples in a flash, cut watermelon easily, or slice an apple in seconds. If you hate prepping fruits these tools are for you!
Let’s be honest – meal/snack prep is annoying, time consuming, and messy. The thing is it’s one of the best ways to stay on track and eat healthier so it’s something we should be doing regularly. If you are like me and love making your life easier – make sure you check out the above items!!
*This post includes affiliate links.*