I am not a big fan of strength training, but I know it’s very important for weight loss and revving up your metabolism. I find it much easier when I don’t need to lug out any weights or equipment, and I can just jump right into my workouts.
Here is a quick strength workout you can do with no equipment and very little room. If you can place a yoga mat you can complete this workout. Don’t forget to warm up first!
- 12 Floor Dips – Start with your knees bent, and fingers and toes facing the same way. Straighten arms, and then bend your elbows, making sure your butt doesn’t touch the floor.
- 12 Pushups – You can do them on your knees, or on the wall, depending on your fitness level.
- 15 Bicycle Crunches
- 12 Squat Jumps – Lower yourself into a squat and them jump up, repeat.
- 12 X Jumps – Start in plank position, ‘jump’ your legs out to the sides so you are in a sort of ‘x’ position, and then bring them back in.
- 12 Jump Lunges (each side) – Lower yourself into a lunge, jump up, repeat.
- 12 Mountain Climbers – Start in plank position and bend your knee into your chest, touching your toes to the floor, then back to starting position.
Repeat three times for a quick and efficient workout. Don’t forget to cool down and stretch afterward!