Now that I have super short hair, I’m going to see how long it will take to grow out so I can donate again when I have an extra 8 inches. I have been looking for hair care tips and ways to keep your hair super healthy, and to quickly grow out your hair.
Here are my Hair Care Tips:
- Silk or Satin pillow cases – Silk or satin pillow cases help prevent damage. Not only are they better for your hair, they are good for your skin too! Just remember to change it frequently.
- Large tooth comb – When your hair is wet you should comb it with a large tooth comb. A brush will pull and drag down on your hair causing damage.
- Use as little heat as possible – It’s best to let your hair air dry of course, but if you must use heat use some sort of oil or heat protectant.
- Comb your hair out in the shower – After putting in your conditioner, use a large tooth comb to comb your hair, this will help with tangles and massages your scalp to promote growth.
- Protect your hair while you sleep – When I had longer hair, I used argan oil and wore braids to bed every night.
- Use a Leave-In Conditioner to keep your hair from getting dry.
- Condition the length of your hair only, you don’t need conditioner on your roots! This makes your roots greasy and weighs down your hair.
- After a shower, squeeze water out or your hair, don’t rub a towel on your hair, rubbing is damaging.
- Never use a straightener or curling iron on wet hair! This is very damaging, unless you have a tool meant for wet hair, even then, it’s not the best idea.
- Try not to over wash your hair, if you need to you can use dry shampoo on days you don’t wash your hair. Washing your hair too often gets rid of your natural oils.
- Drink water and eat a healthy diet to promote hair growth.
- Take a vitamin, like Biotin. This will help grow your hair, nails, and it’s good for your skin too!
What do you do to keep your hair healthy?
It’s time to face the facts people… Winter is coming and it’s started to get cold! For a lot of kids, winter is spent on the couch watching TV or playing video games because it’s cold out. It doesn’t have to be that way though, you can make winter just as fun as summer, with a little bit of creativity and planning. Your kids can not only have a great time, but stay in shape, too.
*This post is sponsored by ScentSicles. All opinions stated below are 100% my own.*
From November to January it’s just a blur of Holidays. When you are decorating, prepping for the Holidays, and entertaining guests, what do you want your house to smell like?
I know, it’s kind of a silly question, but Holiday scents can really help us get into the spirit and bring back childhood memories that make us feel all warm and cozy.
Candles are the obvious choice for filling your home with yummy smells, but if you have a cat or kids, candles are not the safest way to go. Here are a few products that can help you find great Holiday Scents!
- Scented Tree Ornaments – So. Easy. Literally just hang the ornaments on the tree and voila! This is a great way to make your fake tree smell real!
- Table Ornaments – When you are decorating your table for Holiday dinners, adding a table ornament is a gorgeous item that serves two purposes; yummy smells and beautiful decor.
- Scented Sprigs – This is a sneaky way to add some holiday fragrance to your holiday decorations. Just hide a sprig in your tree, wreaths, or anywhere else you want!
- BURSTS – It’s like a wax melt – but better. Each burst is the equivalent of four wax melts!
All of the products mentioned above can be found on ScentSicles website, along with a few other goodies. Check them out if you are looking for safe and easy ways to decorate your home with the smells of the season!
I think my favorite holiday scents would be cinnamon or the classic smell of a real Christmas tree!
A warm up before working out is so important.
It can help prevent injuries and improve your workouts by allowing your muscles to perform more efficiently. During warm up blood flow is improved, and your muscles can relax quicker during your strength training. You will allow your muscles and joints to move freely when they are warmed up, so your performance is improved too.
I’ve heard it a thousand times before, and hopefully you have too. Your muscles are like rubber bands. If you jump into a workout without warming up, your muscles are tight, and constricted. Just like a rubber band, doing too much, too quick, will cause it to snap and break.
You may be inclined to do static stretches to warm up before you workout. Let me tell you why that is NOT a good idea. Studies have shown that static stretches, stretches like ‘touch your toes’ for 30 seconds, actually have negative affects on your performance. Static stretches make your muscles lose ‘elasticity’, making your muscles less stable. The static stretches also make your muscles lose strength, meaning you won’t be as fast or jump as high. Also, static stretches on cold muscles can result in injuries, add your static stretching at the end of your workouts, or after the cool down, while your muscles are still warm.
Instead, you should do something to get your heart rate going and improve blood flow to your muscles. Skip rope, do jumping jacks, take a brisk walk, jog in place. You should always have a warmup and cooldown during your workouts. They will add time to your workouts, sure, but the benefits definitely out weigh the extra 10 minutes.
If you need some workout ideas, try one of these:
- Arm Day Workout – 6 Simple Moves. All you need are weights and very little space to get toned arms.
- Leg Day Workout – 8 Simple Moves. All you need is a yoga mat to complete this routine.
- Simple Park Workout. Workout while your kids play at the park!
- Quick Strength Workout. Full body workout – no equipment needed!
- 12 Ways to Burn 100 Calories. The title says it all! 12 ways to burn 100 calories right now!
- Fat Blasting Strength Workout. Easy moves, lots of burning fat!
This ooey gooey chocolatey Hello Dolly Square Recipe is a quick and easy treat. With just a few ingredients you can have dessert whipped up in no time!
During the cold months, you can use the weather to your advantage when it comes to exercising. Turn the cold weather into a game and burn calories and improve your fitness. It’s also a great time to play outside as a family or with your friends!