One of my 2018 goals is to run more… I’ve also wanted to run at least 10 races in a year since I started running in 2014. This year, I’m going to make that happen! Training starts now!!
This year I’m going to run at least one half-marathon, and I might try for a full marathon at the end of the season too. I’ve already started Pop Sugar’s Beginner Half-Marathon Training Plan. If I finish on time, it’ll be right around the time of the half-marathon I’ve signed up for. I wish there were more races before the half-marathon, but running season really only starts in May around here!
2018 Running Schedule:
- Warm Hearts Half Marathon – May 5th: This will be our first race of the season. We are planning on doing a 5k.
- 3 Fathers Memorial Run – June 17th – This race honors 3 fallen RCMP officers from Moncton, NB.
- Miramichi Rock n’ Run – June 24th – I love this one because it’s right in my backyard! We will hopefully do a half marathon.
- Canada Day – July 1st
- Marathon by the Sea – August 12th – This course is VERY hilly, that makes me nervous!
- Course Clarence Bastarache (Bouctouche) – August 18th
- FoamFest – September 8th – This will be our 4th year attending Foamfest!!
- Hampton 5Miler – September 9th – Everyone looooves this race! It’s a lot of fun and they have a great buffet and awards ceremony after the race! I’m excited to do this race again. The last time we ran it was in 2014 and I was actually really proud of our times, considering it was only our second 5miler!
- Fredericton Fall Classic – September 23rd – Possibly a Half-Marathon.
- Legs for Literacy – October 21st – If all goes according to plan this would be Marathon day!
- Run The River – November 3rd
- Santa Shuffle 2018 – December 1st
There’s only one mudrun on the list, unfortunately Foamfest and MudHero are on the same day this year, so we had to pick one event. 🙁
Phew! That’s a lot of miles, but I’m excited to get started!
I’m stuck on the dreadmill for another couple months. (yay for Canadian winters. 😒) If I’m lucky I’ll be running outside starting late March/early April. I get SO bored on the treadmill, so if you have any suggestions for what I can watch while on the treadmill, please let me know!
I’ll probably have about a month of outdoor running before the first scheduled race. Thankfully I’ll be able to do the really long runs outside, so they won’t be as boring! We have a trail right in front of our house and it’s the perfect place to run, as long as you have a partner to go with you. I don’t recommend trail running by yourself.
What are you running in 2018?