One of my 2018 goals is to run more… I’ve also wanted to run at least 10 races in a year since I started running in 2014. This year, I’m going to make that happen! Training starts now!!
This year I’m going to run at least one half-marathon, and I might try for a full marathon at the end of the season too. I’ve already started Hal Higdon’s Novice Half-Marathon Training Plan. If I finish on time, I’ll be a few weeks ahead, but life happens and sometimes training doesn’t go as planned. If by some miracle it looks as though I will finish early, I will just repeat a week or too.
2018 Running Schedule:
- Warm Hearts Half Marathon – May 5th: This will be our first race of the season. We are planning on doing a 10k, and then doing an extra 4mile run to make up our scheduled long run.
- Scotiabank Fredericton Marathon – May 13th – This is it! Half-Marathon day!
- Hopewell Rocks 8k – May 20th – A mixed terrain race along the coast! This will be a fun one and it’s the perfect race to do the week after a half-marathon!
- 3 Fathers Memorial Run – June 17th – This race honors 3 fallen RCMP officers from Moncton, NB.
- Miramichi Rock n’ Run – June 24th – I love this one because it’s right in my backyard! We will probably do a 10k.
- George Gallant 10k – July 7th – Another 10k!
- Marathon by the Sea – August 12th – Possibly another half-marathon here, but I hear the course is VERY hilly, that makes me nervous!
- FoamFest – September 8th – This will be our 4th year attending Foamfest!!
- Hampton 5Miler – September 9th – Everyone looooves this race! It’s a lot of fun and they have a great buffet and awards ceremony after the race! I’m excited to do this race again. The last time we ran it was in 2014 and I was actually really proud of our times, considering it was only our second 5miler!
- Fredericton Fall Classic – September 24th – Possibly a Half-Marathon.
- Legs for Literacy – October 22nd – If all goes according to plan this would be Marathon day!
Phew! That’s a lot of miles, but I’m excited to get started!
What are you running in 2018?