As I mentioned in previous posts, I need to step up my health and fitness game! I’m trying to challenge myself more because I’m trying to do better all around. Let’s see how I did this week!
30 Day Fitness Challenges – Week Three
Let me start by saying last week was rough for me. My motivation was there, but physically I had to rest. I had very sore shins and I think it was from practicing a kick (turning kick, jumping, turning kick at taekwondo.) I’ve been thinking a lot about how often my shins get sore and I think I need to re-evaluate my training plan by adding more strength and stretches and slowing my mileage down. I think I’m adding too much distance too fast from week to week. I went a little overboard and had to take things easy, I didn’t get to run at all last week!
This is what I was able to do last week:
- Monday (June 2nd) – I did a short 30 minute walk in the morning, and an hour of Taekwondo.
- Tuesday (June 3rd) – 30 minute walk in the morning, quick strength workout, and two hours of Taekwondo.
- Wednesday (June 4th) – 30 minute walk in the morning, and another 30 minute walk after supper.
- Thursday (June 5th) – Quick strength workout and an hour of Taekwondo.
- Friday (June 6th) – One hour of Taekwondo.
- Saturday (June 7th) – Rest day. The only thing I did on Saturday was some housework.
- Sunday (June 8th) – We cleaned up the yard and had a short 20 minute walk.
I have a 5k in two weeks so I will be making sure I get some runs in, I really want to beat my time of 37mins from my first 5k. Like I said, I also need to take care and make sure I’m not pushing my body too hard. Shin splints are no fun and will only make me miss runs and races!
Here are my goals for this week:
- Run at least three times, keeping track of my distance and speed, so I can go easy on my shins.
- Keep better track of my calorie intake, I find myself snacking here and there and not tracking it, but every bite and snack adds up to too many calories.
- Two days of strength training, I’ve been pretty good about strength training and I’m actually starting to enjoy it.
- One of the days this week I want to climb 50 flights of stairs, not all at once. I will probably do 5 sets at a time, scattered throughout the day. I really want to get the badge on my fitbit!
Summer is here and I can’t wait to incorporate some hiking into my workouts. I would love to do a super long trail at Fundy or Kouchibouguac! Maybe even do some canoeing and paddle boarding. I’ve always want to try, and it would be so fun.
How are you challenging yourself this week?