I love cooking new recipes with cauliflower! Another thing I love? Potato jackets with bacon and cheese! By replacing the potato with cauliflower I am able to cut out a lot of carbs and calories. The recipe is still delicious, and a bit healthier!
Alright, it’s not exactly like a potato jacket, but this is pretty darn tasty. Cheese and bacon, what more do you need? It made a perfect side dish when we paired it with some breaded chicken, it made a perfect meal!
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 10 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- 1 tablespoon Garlic butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor chop up your cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cook cauliflower for 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Add 1 tablespoon of garlic butter and 1 egg to the cauliflower. Mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Top with bacon bits and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cauliflower begins to brown.
Cauliflower is so good for you, it’s full of vitamins and nutrients, helps your digestive track, fights cancer, boosts heart health, boosts brain health…
If you love cauliflower like I do you will probably love these recipes too:
- Crockpot Spicy Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tator Tots
- Garlic Cheese Cauliflower Bake
- Heart Healthy Stir Fry