Cake Mix Brownies are the easiest way to make yummy brownies with just a few ingredients! They are so quick to whip up and they are so delicious! If you have a cake mix, you can have some brownies in no time.
While most of my family members are big fans of sweets, we try to limit treats like this to once or twice a week. We made it a bit healthier by substituting oil for unsweetened applesauce, but it is still not something we would eat all the time. We are firm believers in a 80/20 approach to eating healthy. Eat healthy 80% of the time, treat yourself 20% of the time.
- 1 box of Cake Mix
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 pan.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into your greased pan.
- Brownies are done when you can stick a toothpick in the middle and remove it cleanly, about 20-25mins.
I used a double chocolate cake mix, and then I frosted the brownies using cream cheese frosting and topped it all off by sprinkling on some skor bits. How would you customize your brownies?