I am not a fan of any type of seafood. I can do canned tuna, but that’s it! My husband however, grew up next to the ocean and he is a big fan of seafood, especially clam chowder.
I don’t want to eat it, and I don’t want to cook it. But since I am super nice ( 😉 ) I make clam chowder for my husband’s lunches. One batch of this super easy clam chowder makes 3-4 lunches, so it’s a great time saver during the week too. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- One Can Baby Clams
- 3-4 Medium size potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Onion Salt
- Almond Milk
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil with about 1tbsp of onion salt, depending on your taste preferences.
- Once potatoes are cooked thoroughly, strain them and return potatoes to the pot.
- Add can of baby clams and ½ can almond milk, stir thoroughly.
That’s it. You are done.
I don’t add actual onions because we are picky eaters and don’t keep onions in the house, but you can easily add them in with the potatoes.
If you like this recipe, you might like:
- Korean Chicken Noodle Soup
- Skinny Garlic Cheese Cauliflower Bake
- Parmesan Cauliflower Tater Tots
- Garlic Cheese Finger Rollups