It’s time to round up how I did during my Fitness Challenge!
The four week fitness challenge I set for myself is over. In the beginning my goal was to add more physical activity and healthier eating habits and I am happy to say I have been able to do that for the most part. (Other then a day or two where I wasn’t able to hit my fruit/veggie goals, or when I hurt my shins and needed to rest!)
This is what I did last week:
- Monday (June 16th) – 2.5 km run and one hour of Taekwondo.
- Tuesday (June 17th) – 20min walk, strength training, and 2hours of Taekwondo.
- Wednesday (June 18th) – 20min walk.
- Thursday (June 19th) – 20min walk, strength training, and 2hours of Taekwondo.
- Friday (June 20th) – One hour of Taekwondo.
- Saturday (June 21st) – 5k Run or Dye
- Sunday (June 22nd) – Peak Performance Miramichi Rock’ N Run 5k – My second timed 5k and I shaved 3 whole minute off my time!
I tried to take it easy this week because of the two running events that were on the weekend, although I didn’t run much for the color run. (You can read why here.) I was really happy with the Miramichi 5k though! I was so happy that I had a faster time than my last 5k AND by three whole minutes! I was aiming for even one minute faster! I really think my stricter fitness goals helped!
I’m going to continue to challenge myself with eating healthier, it is definitely what I struggle with and I think that’s the case with most people. I get lots of physical activity and I really enjoy working out so it is frustrating that I have trouble with eating right!
How will you challenge yourself this summer?