Did you know that when you don’t get enough sleep it can lead to weight gain, stress, and mental health issues? Read on for a few tips on getting a good nights sleep!
- Invest in a Comfy Bed – Obviously the first step in getting a good nights sleep is making sure you have a good quality mattress. Brentwood Home can help with with that. They offer a variety of mattresses to help you get the best night’s sleep of your life.
- Get the Perfect Pillow – You may need to try out a few because believe it or not, there are differences! Memory foam, water pillows, bamboo pillows, hard, and soft pillows… Find your perfect fit!
- Shut off the Electronics – iPads, Cell Phones, Laptops; – turn off electronics 1-2 hours before bed. Electronics use a blue wavelength that trick our minds into thinking it is daytime, preventing us from getting sleepy. If you absolutely cannot shut down your computer early, you can dim your light or even by blue light blocking sunglasses to use.
- Guided Meditation – You can find inexpensive guided meditation audio clips to used before bed. They can help you relax and drift off to sleep peacefully.
- Develop a Bedtime Routine – A nice hot shower or bubble bath, a calming glass of tea, a few yoga poses to relax the body… Developing a relaxing and calming routine will help your mind and body prepare for sleep.
- Listen to the Right Music – You may think lullabies are just for children, but there are lots of options for adults too. Relax yourself at night with some soothing music, specifically made to help you fall asleep.
- Create Your Sanctuary – Make your bedroom a relaxing place to lay your head down. Paint the walls a calming blue color, get a nice fluffy comforter, add pictures that make you happy. Make your bedroom a place where you WANT to go to relax.
What are your tips for getting a good night’s sleep?
*This post contains affiliate links.*