My family loves lasagna – we eat it at least once a week. When I was given the opportunity to try Muir Glen‘s Organic Tomatoes I couldn’t pass up the chance to create these delicious lasagna roll ups. No joke – this was the best lasagna I have EVER had!
Whenever I hear someone say ‘comfort food’ lasagna is what I think of. Lasagna is totally my comfort food. A couple times a month my mom and I make huge batches of lasagna and freeze them. This is awesome because we are able to pop one in the oven for supper on busy nights. This saves us time and money too – because we don’t end up stopping for some fast food!
I’m positive that the reason these lasagna roll-ups turned out so good is because we used Muir Glen’s Fir Roasted Tomatoes.
From The Company:
- Muir Glen growers’ certified organic farming methods create healthy, nutrient-rich soil. Our products are all certified organic and bear the USDA Organic seal.
- We harvest our tomatoes in late summer at their peak of ripeness and deliver them to the processing facility. The tomatoes go from field to can in 8 hours or less.
- Our tomatoes are packaged without synthetic chemical additives of any kind. Our processing equipment is triple-washed to guarantee no cleaning agents are present.
After fully cooking the ground beef and noodles I layered the lasagna like this: cottage cheese, sauce, ground beef, and grated cheese. Be sure to roll up your noodles carefully once the toppings are on, it can get a little messy!
- 1 Package Lasagna Noodles
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 2 Cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 3 Cups Grated Cheese
- Your choice of veggies: Mushrooms, Celery, Peppers, Onions, etc.
- Fully cook ground beef.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Cover the bottom of a 8x11 pan with a thin layer of canned tomatoes.
- Lay out noodles on a cutting board or large plate and layer toppings on the noodles. Once you have added your desired ingredients, carefully roll up the noodles and place in the pan.
- Top with remaining tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cheese has melted.
I love using canned tomatoes in place of store bought pasta sauces. Did you know that store bought pasta sauces are FULL of added sugars and salts? You think you are buying a healthy serving of veggies to add to your pasta – when in reality they are loaded with added junk!
It’s really important that we read labels when shopping. I love that Muir Glen products are organic. What you see is what you get! 100% tomatoes – with nothing artificial added!
Now YOU can enter for a chance to win an awesome prize pack from Muir Glen!
One lucky winner will receive:
- Fire Roasted Diced
- Fire Roasted Crushed
- Plain Diced
- Crushed with Basil
- PC $50 Gift Card