My family makes Millionaire Squares every Christmas, every potluck, every get-together. My mom and I also make them for bake sales. They are delicious and easy, you need only a handful of ingredients and they are definitely a popular treat!
It’s okay to reward yourself every now and then. These squares are not something we make or eat often. This year I have been really focusing on eating healthy 80% of the time, and 20% of the time I can have a little treat. These squares are perfect for that, and if I am worried I will over-indulge, I just freeze the rest.
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 2 cups crushed oatmeal cookies (We use Dad's brand, yum!)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush up oatmeal cookies. Melt ½ cup of butter, mix the cookies and butter together until your cookies are moist. Set aside ¼cup of the cookie mixture and press the rest into a 9x9 pan. Bake for 5minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together, and beat in the egg. Slowly add in the icing sugar 1-2 tablespoons at a time until it's all mixed together. Mix in your nuts, and then pour the mixture evenly onto your crust.
- Sprinkle the ¼cup of cookie mix you set aside on top.