This Pita Pizza recipe is SO easy and delicious. You can customize it any way you like and keep it low cal/low fat. By using a pita instead of traditional pizza dough you make it so much healthier. It’s packed with protein too, so it will fill you up!
What I use for my pizza is:
- 1 small whole wheat tortilla (90 calories)
- 1.5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast (55 calories)
- A handful of fresh mushrooms (under 5 calories)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (90 calories)
- A tablespoon of crush tomatoes (under 5 calories)
Load on your toppings and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees, or until your cheese is fully melted and your pita is starting to brown.
Altogether my pita pizza is under 250 calories and has 21 grams of protein! You can have it as a snack or add a side salad and have it for lunch. The protein will keep you fuller for longer.
You can easily customize it anyway you like. What would you put on yours?