After watching Netflix food documentaries on sugar and the food industry, I’ve stopped buying things like granola bars and cookies. Anything that is processed and packaged – I’m trying to stay away from. This leads me to trying a lot of new recipes. Some are winners and some are losers.
These Low-Cal Chocolate Protein Balls? Definitely a winner.
This recipe makes approximately 32 balls. Each ball is about 60 calories with 3g of protein and 1g of fiber. They are the perfect ‘treat’ when you are craving something chocolate-y. I like to have them as a snack before a workout since they offer a lot of energy and they aren’t processed and full of junk. These are the perfect snack. They are filling, low-cal, and best of all; chocolate. If I get a craving and NEED a chocolate fix, this is what I grab.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 3 tbsp flax
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- ½ crushed almonds
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 cups oats
- Mix together peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and almond milk.
- Add in protein powder, flax and almonds.
- Slowly add in oats, about a ½ cup at a time, stirring well until all oats have been adding.
- Roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place in fridge for about 30minutes and then transfer to a dish.
I don’t have a recommendation for protein powder, as long as it’s chocolate of course. I have tried all different brands and found that they are pretty much all the same. Although I have tried a peanut butter chocolate kind that would be PERFECT for this recipe!
If you like this post, check these out:
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Nutella Squares
- Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- Cheesecake Fruit Pizza
- Apple Slice Nachos