In a bit of a hurry but you still want to get a strength training workout done? Try out this quick strength workout and you’ll be done in no time! You need very little room and you don’t need any equipment!
I am not a big fan of strength training, but I know it’s very important for weight loss and revving up your metabolism. I find it much easier when I don’t need to lug out any weights or equipment, and I can just jump right into my workouts.
Here is a quick strength workout you can do with no equipment and very little room. If you can place a yoga mat you can complete this workout. Don’t forget to warm up first! This is perfect for those days when I jump off the treadmill and don’t really feel like strength training, but I know I should. 😉
This routines works out your major muscle groups in your legs, arms, abs, and butt. If you are feeling like you need a bit more of a challenge, throw in jumping jacks, high knees, mock jump rope, etc. This will help keep your heart rate high as you do cardio moves mixed with strength moves, which means even more calorie burn!
Quick Strength Workout:
- 12 Floor Dips – Start with your knees bent, and fingers and toes facing the same way. Straighten arms, and then bend your elbows, making sure your butt doesn’t touch the floor.
- 12 Pushups – You can do them on your knees, or on the wall, depending on your fitness level.
- 15 Bicycle Crunches
- 12 Squat Jumps – Lower yourself into a squat and them jump up, repeat.
- 12 X Jumps – Start in plank position, ‘jump’ your legs out to the sides so you are in a sort of ‘x’ position, and then bring them back in.
- 12 Jump Lunges (each side) – Lower yourself into a lunge, jump up, repeat.
- 12 Mountain Climbers – Start in plank position and bend your knee into your chest, touching your toes to the floor, then back to starting position.
Repeat three times for a quick and efficient workout. Don’t forget to cool down and stretch afterward!
What makes this workout so quick and easy is the fact that you are only using your body weight to work your muscles. You don’t need to hunt down weights or run from machine to machine. This is great for those times that you don’t want to go out to the gym or drag out your own fitness equipment.
This is an especially useful workout for those of us who live in apartments or don’t have a lot of room in general. You only need a small amount of space to do these moves. If you have the room to do a plank, you can easily do any of these moves. You could even take this workout outside on a warmer day. Working out outside is just so much better then staying indoors!
Looking for more posts about Strength Training? Check these out:
- Inexpensive Home Gym Equipment
- Arm Day Workout
- Leg Day Workout
- Strength Training for Runners
- Quick Strength Training – No Equipment Needed
- Fat Blasting Strength Workout