Self-Care is a very important aspect of our mental health. It is so important that we take a few minutes a day to just relax and do something nice for ourselves.
Self-care can be anything that you do for yourself. Here are just a handful of ideas on how you can easily provide yourself with a little lovin’:
- At home spa day: Take a nice long bath, paint your nails and toes, give yourself a facial. Pamper yourself! Even just a hot shower can be refreshing and invigorating!
- Spend some time with your pets. Studies have shown that it is incredibly calming to just pet your dog!
- Buy yourself some new Skin Care products. It’s simple but oh so effective! What’s better then a brand new bottle of your favorite moisturiser? BTW: Target has 25% off on brands like Ponds, Simple, and St. Ives RIGHT NOW!
- If possible, play hookie from work or school. Mental health days are important!
- Have an overnight stay in a hotel. If you have the budget, you can rent a room for under $100 bucks. Plan a nice getaway for yourself!
- By that dress you have been eyeing! Splurge a little bit! It doesn’t have to be a dress of course, maybe it’s a pair of jeans or a blouse, whatever you want! Treat yo’ self.
- Go for walk, run, bike ride, whatever! Get outside and enjoy nature. It’s amazing how it can calm and quiet the mind.
- Laugh. You can find tons of comedies on Netflix or just a stand up comedian. Laughter is the best medicine!
How do you treat yourself when you need a little self-care?
*This post contains affiliate links.*