Sitting at the beach, outside in the shade, poolside with the kids… When you are relaxing this summer bring along a good book and try and complete this reading challenge!
- Read a book that the titles starts with any of these letters: SUMMER.
- June is National Fruit and Veggies Month. Read a book that has a fruit/veggie/garden theme on the cover or in the title.
- Read a book that features the picture or name of the following gems: Pearl, Ruby, or Peridot. (Birthstones for June, July, and August.)
- Read a book whose author is NOT from the US or Canada.
- Read a book that takes place while the main character is on vacation or planning to travel.
- Read a book that was published in June, July, or August. (any year.)
- Read a book that has been made into a TV show or Movie.
- Read a book that’s cover makes you think ‘summer’ or the end of school. (like prom.)
- Read a book that has been on your “to-read list” for a long time.
- Read a book that is a genre you wouldn’t normally read.
You can interpret the challenges however you want but try a stick to the challenge!
Here is my book list:
- Everyday by David Levithan
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross
- The Dark Underwing by Sharon Cameron
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Are you there, Vodka? It’s me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
- The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
What will you be reading this summer?