There are several products you probably have in your house right now that you can use for cleaning. Using these products can save you money, they are better for our planet, and are healthier for you! Instead of spending money on cleaners you don’t need, try using some white distilled vinegar instead!
Here are 10 ways you can use white distilled vinegar around the house!
- Use distilled vinegar to clean counter tops.
- To clean your microwave, use 1/2 cup distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup of water in a microwave safe bowl. Bring to a boil and wipe your microwave clean.
- Keep ants away by filling a spray bottle with distilled vinegar and spraying it outside your house, around doors and windows.
- Use vinegar to get rid of the smell from messes made by your pet.
- Clean and disinfect baby toys by adding distilled vinegar to warm soapy water.
- Kill germs around the house with white vinegar. Spray on door handles, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Clean floors with a mixture of 3 drops dishwashing liquid, 1/3 parts vinegar, 1/3 alcohol, and 1/3 water. Spray floors and then mop up.
- Get rid of a smelly toilet by pouring 3 cups of vinegar into the toilet bowl and let sit for half an hour.
- Instead of a pricey air freshener, spray a mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar, and 1 cup water.
- Something fun I used to do as a kid – shine pennies by leaving them in a cup of vinegar over night!
These are just a handful of ways you can use vinegar around your home! Vinegar is less expensive then most household cleaners you buy in stores and it is much more eco-friendly. You can find an even bigger list of ways you can use vinegar around your house here!